Food Groups Detection
Back to Services
Find the basic food groups present in the food. Is it a meat, or is it a fish? Does it contain vegetables, does it contain egg? Ideal for general diet analysis based on the pyramid of food groups.
Learn more about how to preprocess your images in our Image Pre-processing Tutorial page.
Service available in the following LogMeal Plans:
Currently, there are more than 1300 dishes available for recognition. Each dish has a list of food groups according to its composition. For example, a sushi dish has 'fish' and 'rice' as food groups.
The complete list of food groups currently available are:
- 'meat': any kind of white or red meat.
- 'dessert': dishes usually eaten as dessert.
- 'dairy products': products derived from dairy, like milk or yogurt.
- 'seafood': products derived from animals with shells like clams or prawns.
- 'rice': rice or products that can contain rice.
- 'fruit': any kind of cooked or fresh fruit.
- 'noodles/pasta': all types of italian pasta or asian noodles.
- 'vegetables': either cooked or raw vegetable products.
- 'fish': fish and fish-derived products.
- 'bread': all kinds of bread and grain-like products.
- 'fried food': any food that was fried during its cooking procedure.
- 'egg': that contains a relevant amount of egg.
- 'soup': dish in the form of soup, which has a large portion of water.
- 'cereal/grain': dishes containing cereals or similar components.
- 'nuts': any type of nut or seed.
- 'alcohol': beverages containing alcohol.
- 'beverage': any type of beverage.
- 'soda': sugared beverages.
- 'tubers and derivatives': any food belonging to tubers family or derivatives.
- 'sauces and dressings': sauces and other dressings for salads.
- 'legumes': either cooked or raw legume products.
The available LogMeal API endpoints for accessing to this service are: